Sunday 13 December 2015


 

Dec. 13


My daily intake of Parkinson’s pills is timed at every four hours (7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm & 11pm).  If I don’t forget, I try to make a mental note of my condition as the hour approaches and as my pills take effect.  Usually there is a small decline in how I feel and also in my walking and balance – a little more shuffling and a tendency to be aware of where I might need to hang on.  It is a dip in my overall wellbeing, but not very significant.


Today was different.  I was making some little wooden book-ends in my basement workshop and I got fully involved – no shaking, no shuffling, like no Parkinson’s.  Time passed and I was having trouble with the last one.  I put one part on the wrong way, the little nails I was using often bent and I had to take it apart and do a rebuild.  Finished, it was ok, but less neat than the others.  As I left the workbench, I realized that I was shuffling badly and was reaching out to steady myself.  Then I checked the time.  I had missed the 11am pill time by almost an hour.  Two hours later I was finally getting over my clumsy period. 
 

Interestingly, when I am working on a project, I don’t seem to notice what is happening to me.  The number of errors I made should have been a big clue and reminded me of my pills, but it didn’t.  I also had left my pill alarm upstairs.  Gotta pay more attention.

1 comment:

  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease .his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,their website is www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete