Sunday 24 July 2016


July 24, 2016



It is a bright sunny day and not too hot – after a thunder and lightning storm the night before.  Since this is supposed to be at least a little about Parkinson’s and not a weather report, I had better get down to business.



At present and recently there have been only two changes I my symptoms.  The first, and I think I have mentioned it before, is the extreme tiredness I get at the end of the day.  It is frequently a factor if I have been working hard during the day, but sometimes even when I haven’t been so busy.  I feel so exhausted that I can hardly put one foot ahead of the other.  Lying down for an hour or so seems to revitalize me and I can feel remarkably well after a short rest.  The second is equally interesting from a different perspective.  One of my first and obvious symptoms of PD was that my right had shook.  Now it hardly ever does.  I am surprised that the shaking has virtually stopped. 



Another, but unrelated, situation has happened in connection with my prostate cancer.  I have been attending the Cancer Clinic in Halifax for years and been examined by several doctors.  Last week, as my PSA score has remained very low, the Doctor in charge dismissed me from the clinic.  He will take me back if or when needed.  I still have two cancer doctors that are not associated with the clinic, so I have not been left out in the cold.



The deck is finally done.  The last item was a load of dirt to fill in behind the moved stone wall and very fortunately I had help with that.  My grandson Steven, his wife Tanya and eleven week old Marshall are visiting for a few days and both were more than willing to help move the top soil.  We also started to clean up a rough corner at the back of the yard and will plant grass seed there sometime soon.



A few more guests will be coming.  Susanne and Jeff have bought a house            not too far away in Dartmouth and Susanne will be coming for a look at work that needs to be done before Isabelle (and friend) can move in for university in September.  Howard and his family will arrive in August for a week, but will be staying at Heather’s place.  It has been and will continue to be an interesting summer.

1 comment:


  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease .his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,their website is www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete