Friday 29 July 2016


July 28, 2016



Today, Thursday, had a bit of good news.  I got to the dentist, without an appointment, and he did some adjustments to my false teeth (lower plate).  Unfortunately I expect to be back as this one item won’t cure all my troubles.  Now I have to do something about my speech.  I’m getting really hard to understand.



As well, today, I got my three-month injection of estrogen which is keeping my prostate cancer under control.  My family doctor does the injection and she had a report from another doctor that my Parkinson’s is progressing very slowly and my medications are working satisfactorily.  Hooray, I am dying slower. 



I worked in the garden with Jan for the remainder of the afternoon and haven’t felt the extreme exhaustion that such activity often causes.



July 29th



My health seems to remain on a fairly level but a bit uneven plain.  I don’t feel sick/unwell in any part of my body but this morning my walking was a little shuffley and uneven but improved by the time I got to Findlay Centre for a work-out.  In the afternoon when we worked in the garden all was fine.  I had my usual tired spell after supper, but that also has cleared up.



At my age and health condition I’m not going to last for ever.  Next week Jan and I are going to do some planning for the “what if” part and are going to see our lawyer for advice.



Canadians always talk about the weather:  Today cloudy with a breeze off the water – good working conditions for the garden.  Tomorrow possible showers but fairly warm – continuing for the weekend.



Happy Canada Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment